William and Mary Palmer Residence (1950)
Ann Arbor, Michigan
The structure is composed of wood and brick, with glass placed inside the patterned brick to form clerestory windows. The diagonally placed wood batten extend from the overhang to the interior ceiling, reflecting on the window to form a criss-cross pattern. (b) At the back of the house is a nice garden and a hidden pathway that leads to a smaller cottage into the woods.